Magdalena's Family Blog

21 July 2006

Goldfish

Most children, at least American children, eat little goldfish crackers. Not this little girl! She prefers her new bath toy goldfish that our neighbor gave her on Tuesday. My local Avon Lady lives one floor up from us in our building. On the cover of the order booklet that she put in my mailbox, she invited me up for coffee. So, I took her up on this offer when I was feeling particularly bold in speaking Czech.

During our 1 1/2 hour long visit, we spoke completely in Czech! That is by far my longest stretch of speaking the language of my adopted country. :) While we were there, Magdalena got bored with the toys I had taken for her to play with. Zaneta (Janet) went and pulled out a package of squeaking bath toys for Magdalena to play with and when we were packing up to go home, she sent them with us! How kind!

Now, Magdalena is the proud owner of a goldfish, whale, tugboat, duckie, swan, and turtle. See the next post for her first bathtime with toys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home