Magdalena's Family Blog

11 July 2007

Why the long silence?

From the first time I arrived in Petr's home village in Moravia - sporting a backpack filled with weekend necessities, toting a potted plant for my then future mother-in-law, and speaking about 5 Czech words - I have loved this beautiful and love-filled community. Petr's friends and family have always welcomed me and accepted me in the same manner they do Petr...the warmth they have shown me deepens at each visit and I fall even more in love with my husband and the environment that raised him.

This last week we were in Moravia for an 8 day "vacation"! (Being without internet there equals a long blogging break!) Petr took the week off work and we stayed at his parents' house. On our way there we realized that we'd left the camera at home...so, on our many adventures we borrowed a 35mm point and shoot camera from Milan (a.k.a. Petr's dad). In a few days, after I've picked up the pictures in digital form, I'll post some of them. For now, I'm not going to tell too much about our excursions so that you can see and read about it at the same time.

As a little preview of what we did, I'll list some of the most exciting events:
1. Visiting a zoo
2. Hiking in the Malá Fatra mountains of Slovakia
3. Visiting the castle ruins of Helfštýn

2 Comments:

At 11 July, 2007 18:34, Blogger Gale said...

Can't wait to see pictures of all the fun things you have talked about while you were in Moravia! How did we ever live without our digital cameras a few years ago!?

 
At 13 July, 2007 03:04, Blogger Casey and Jessica said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! Sorry I have been so bad about not getting Florida pix up but I will try to get it done this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home