Magdalena's Family Blog

17 March 2006

Missionary Mommy

I never imagined that motherhood would so radically change my schedule! Pre-baby I met with someone (or more) everyday and was involved in some sort of mission work. A big accomplishment, then, was praying over lunch with a non-believer or discussing my beliefs with a student. Post-baby I've basically been confined to my apartment with Magdalena since she eats and sleeps so often it doesn't allow for much else. Now a big accomplishment is getting all the laundry clean...and as you can see, I accomplished this feat just this afternoon!

Don't get me wrong, I am still involved in mission work. It's just in a different manner. Now, my mission work is based out of my apartment (having people over or making phone calls) and I have a whole new understanding of praying in the midnight hour! Those night feedings are very distraction-free and peaceful, allowing for good quality one-on-one time with God.

Last night, for the first time since Magdalena's birth, Petr and I had a date night. Well, sort of. She went to sleep about 7:30, so we decided to kick back, snuggle up on the couch, and watch a movie on the new work laptop while eating ice cream! If the movie Panska Jizda (Men's Show) is available in the foreign film section, I recommend renting it. It's about a widower and his son readjusting to life after his wife's death. Sounds like it'd be slow and sad, but it's neither! It is very cute, humorous, clean, and has 4 adorable little boys in it who are the neighbor's grandsons. If it's not available, too bad. That's just a tiny little reason for you to come visit me in Prague. : )

2 Comments:

At 18 March, 2006 04:11, Blogger Gale said...

Coming to the blog spot is one of the highlights of my day! I'm loving the photos and the commentary!

Yah! Oma's comment came through! And it didn't take 10 hours like my last one did. :)

I'm almost caught up with all my laundry like you--just one more load of clothes and one load of towels. :)

 
At 18 March, 2006 04:12, Blogger Gale said...

Oh! I love you!

Momma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home