Magdalena's Family Blog

31 July 2006

Beat the heat

Until the day before yesterday, when we got some rain, it has been super hot here -- as hot as Georgia (only we had just 1/3 of the humidity). As I may have mentioned to some of you, I am a weather wuss. Yep, you read that correctly. I cannot handle extremes in temperatures -- particularly when it's really hot. So, if you are without an air-conditioner as we are, here are a few tips on how to cool off.

1. Convert your bathtub into a mini-swimming pool. For a couple of days, it was just too hot for any fun...or so we thought, until I had the "scathingly brilliant idea" (for you Trouble with Angels fans) to run cool water in our tub so Magdalena and I could "swim." Buddy, let me tell you, we stayed in that lukewarm water til we both resembled super white prunes!

2. Go grocery shopping. The stores must keep those fruits and veggies cool so that they won't spoil. Even if no other place in the Czech Republic is air-conditioned, the grocery stores (not the corner markets) are! Magdalena and I have taken many a grocery store journey the past 2 weeks.

3. Eat loads of ice cream! While this tastey tip works well for me and Petr, it doesn't do Magdalena much good -- unless, somehow, it magically cools off the milk I produce. ;)

4. Go to a real pool party! Yay! The Verbrugges had a pool party at their place yesterday. See the next blog entry for pictures of Magdalena's first real pool experience.

1 Comments:

At 01 August, 2006 06:02, Blogger Gale said...

I really like the bathtub idea! Remember when Elizabeth, Sarah and Katie put on their bathing suits and played in the tub? Of course they were about 3 years old!

Thankfully, Magdalena is a fish and loves the water!

We just got home from eating pizza out. Them temp is 79 degrees but it feels like an oven with the humidity! Even at 11:30 at night! Thank heavens for air conditioning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home