Magdalena's Family Blog

25 May 2006

Taste of home


Today I got a hankerin' for cornbread and sweet-tea. So, I made them both! Who says that the globe-trotting, European dwelling, Czech resident Rebekah doesn't ever get a bit homesick for good ole Georgian tastes? As much as I hate the humid heat of Georgian summers, and the annoying hordes of bugs, Georgia is my "homeland" and I do miss it at times (like today when the high was only 60F!).

Speaking of today and home...I unsuccessfully attempted to mail Auntie Bizbef's birthday package (only one month late -- oops!). Magdalena was happy in her stroller on the way to the post office, awestruck by the green, leafy trees overhead. But, as soon as I removed her hood inside the post office, she began to get fussy. The fussing quickly turned to crying and, as there were at least 3 other clients ahead of us in line, I decided it best to leave. Poor baby never did quit crying until I took her out of the stroller and carried her. (Even the trees she marvelled at just minutes prior failed to calm her.) Sorry, Elizabeth! We'll have to try mailing the package again tomorrow, perhaps.

Also today, Magdalena received her 2nd vaccination. Actually, it was 2 shots -- one on each leg. She didn't cry at all, just kinda squirmed. The doctor and nurse both said, "She's a brave girl." She did, however, cry when the doctor was checking her ears. "Why," do you ask, "did she cry at a painless event?" Because she had to be still! Our girl is quite active and curious thus didn't like the constraint of keeping her head looking in one direction.

2 Comments:

At 26 May, 2006 00:07, Blogger Gale said...

Ah, I hate that you were a bit homesick. Did talking to your dad help? I heard your voice over the phone. :) Cornbread and sweet tea will give you a taste of home. I'm not sure you would have wanted to be here today--the temp reached 90 degrees! The heat has begun!

 
At 26 May, 2006 13:43, Blogger Emily said...

Good for you, Rebekah. It looks so good!
Emily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home