Magdalena's Family Blog

17 July 2007

Stories of Her Cuteness

While we were in Moravia, Magdalena awoke one morning quite early (5:30!) so we put her in bed with us to play in the covers while we rested some more. After a little while I felt a presence near my head. When I looked up, Magdalena was sitting on my pillow directly next to my face and was flapping her little arms. I asked, "Are you a little birdie?" to which she immediately strained her head up and forward and declared, "eep-eep" (her version of tweet-tweet).

As I recently posted, Magdalena has really taken to the rocking chair. A few days ago she crawled up there with one of Petr's childhood books and opened it up (upside down). As she turned the pages she said, "maw-maw...moo-moo...duckie!" I glanced over the book's edge to see what she was looking at and she was making the appropriate animal noises for a kitty, a cow, and stating when she saw the ducks!

Day before yesterday as I prepared our morning tea, Magdalena reached up for me so I explained that I couldn't pick her up because I was making hot tea. She replied with great enthusiasm, "ooh, tea!" and went for her empty cup to get it filled.

2 Comments:

At 17 July, 2007 18:05, Blogger Gale said...

I love the learning to talk stage! They imitate everything you say! And their version is much cuter than our version. We get excited over the new vocabulary, but it won't be long til we won't be able to get a word in edge-wise! I can't wait to hear all that talking in person!

 
At 17 July, 2007 18:07, Blogger Gale said...

An advantage to blogging: cute stories and pictures of Magdalena's growing up years! I wrote down some of you girls' cute stories and some we remember because they've been told through out the years, but so many have been lost because I failed to write them down. :( Especially the little things, like the ones you've recorded here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home