Magdalena's Family Blog

17 October 2007

Disagreement

So, for over 2 years now Petr has been saying with a scoff, "Mountains! What mountains?" whenever I talk about the mountains in Georgia. I've always been a bit miffed about his disdain, but didn't say anything since he is the European and Europe is, after all, the land of well known mountain peaks.

Well, today I decided I'd had enough of his mountain snobbery and did a bit of research. From my dear friend, Mr. Google, I learned that Georgia's highest mountain is Brasstown Bald and reaches 4784 feet above sea level. And Petr's section of Moravia's highest peak is Radhost and boasts 3704 feet - yes, that is right, dear Readers - 1080 feet less than in GA!! In all of Moravia the highest mountain Praded is 4895 feet above sea level (a mere 111 feet taller than B.B.).

When I "broke the news" to Petr he didn't believe me. I had to show him the official web pages where I'd found my information and then also pictures of Brasstown Bald to prove it really is a mountain before he begrudgingly conceded to the truth.

3 Comments:

At 19 October, 2007 21:11, Blogger Safariks said...

Good for you Georgian peach.

 
At 19 October, 2007 22:56, Blogger Casey and Jessica said...

Oh yes Petr it is true! Casey and I have been to Brasstown Bald

 
At 21 October, 2007 05:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you, Petr and Magdalena can come and visit us in Denver. We'll show Petr some real mountains! :-) Hee hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home