Magdalena's Family Blog

09 April 2006

More wildlife

This morning I awoke to the sounds of many birds chirping. Spring is definately here when the birds are twitterpated! (That is a Bambi reference. For those of you who don't know this term, it's the way animals behave when in love.) Then, walking by the "wilderness" this evening, I spotted a large hare in the there! He looked at me for a few moments and stayed still long enough for me to get Petr's attention before bounding away into the underbrush.

Can about 1/10th of an acre count as true wilderness? I don't know, but in my opinion, if that piece of land contains hares, several little bird species, and a pheasant clan then it most certainly does! I'll take it because I'm missing the animals in the woods behind my parents home.

2 Comments:

At 10 April, 2006 04:47, Blogger Gale said...

Is the "wilderness" the patch of bushes, trees, etc to the left if you are standing on your balcony? We have some pictures of that area with snow from when we were there.

I guess the city doesn't have much wildlife. I remember when I was a teenager. We lived outside Chicago and went into the city for my birthday. We found a baby rabbit in the restaurant parking lot in the middle of Chicago! We took him home and kept him a little while. We ended up taking him to a farm some friend's owned. Who would think that would happen in the middle of the city!

 
At 10 April, 2006 04:47, Blogger Gale said...

Oh, I love you!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home