Magdalena's Family Blog

07 August 2008

What's your problem!?

I admit it, sometimes I do get frustrated with Magdalena...especially when she is pitching a fit. Often, I'll say to her, "What's your problem? You need to calm down and tell Mommy what's going on." 

Well, last week Magdalena got in trouble and as I scolded her she looked at me and said, plain as day, "What's your problem, Mommy?" I was stunned as was my mom who was in the same room with us. Evidently, Magdalena liked the response her query elicited because just moments later she posed the same question - to a toy. She plays with a talking Eeyore, but his batteries chose that fateful day to die. When he wouldn't talk to Magdalena, she screamed at him, "What's your problem? Eeyore, what is your problem?"

Yes, my child is precocious, but she is also precious. Everyday she shows me affection in so many ways. Sometimes, it's just by climbing into my lap to give me a hug. Other times it's a "cup of tea" she pours for me from her singing play tea pot. Or wanting to hold my hand during dinner...

Man, I may be exhausted from keeping up with her constant activity and dealing with her blossoming independence, but I sure am happy and blessed!

3 Comments:

At 08 August, 2008 00:25, Blogger Gale said...

Yes, we were both stunned! She cracks me up with what she says sometimes! With that one, we didn't know whether to laugh or scold her!

 
At 08 August, 2008 14:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she's practically a teenager! haha! look forward to seeing you all tonight.

 
At 11 August, 2008 10:20, Blogger The Syvertsens said...

she is such a cutie! we miss you and owen talks about magdalena often! he remembers places we all went together even when i don't!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home